- What forms of payment are accepted on MyBill?
- Electronic Check and Discover Card payments are accepted on the myBill website.
- How can I submit payment?
- To submit payment electronically via eCheck or Discover Card, please visit https:mybill.ucdavis.edu. For electronic check payments, you will need your bank account number and routing number. For information on paying by mail, in person, or with a bank wire, please visist the Cashier and Payment Solutions Office website.
- How long will it take to process a myBill payment?
- Your eCheck payment will appear immediately on your student account. For purposes of payment deadlines, payments must be made on or before 11:59 pm the day of the deadline. Different banks process eChecks on different timelines; contact your bank for more information.
- Is there a fee to pay using myBill?
- Paying with an eCheck is free. However, if you choose to pay with your Discover Card you will be charged $12 fee per transaction.
- May I use the credit card convenience checks I receive as eChecks?
- No. At this time UC Davis does not accept credit card convenience checks.
- I paid with a Credit Card and now I have a refund. Can I receive that refund back as a paper check or will it be refunded to my Credit Card? (Portal)
- If you paid with your Credit Card then the refund will be refunded back to your credit card that was used to pay.
- May I write an eCheck against a foreign account?
- Only if the issuing bank participates in the United States Federal Reserve Banking System. Please check with your bank before writing an eCheck on a foreign account.
- How do I look up my current account balance?
- To view your current account balance, please log into the MyBill.ucdavis.edu. On the front page you will be able to see the current account balance with and without any estimated aid.
- When is my registration fee payment due?
- The registration fee payment is due the 15th of the month before the quarter starts. You can find the fee payment deadline at: http://registrar.ucdavis.edu/calendar/fees
- If the payment was mailed yesterday and postmarked and UCD doesn’t receive it by the fee payment deadline, is it still considered late?
- Payments must be received and posted to your student account to be considered received. Postmarked payments are not considered as a timely payment.
- I plan on paying my tuition with a College Savings Plan. How does this process work?
- Payments should be made payable to UC Regents with your name and Student ID number included with the payment. Please have the check mailed to the following address:
- Cashier & Payment Solutions Office
- University of California
PO Box 989062
West Sacramento, California 95798-9062
Please allow time for processing as all payments must be received and posted by the fee payment deadline.
- I plan on paying my tuition with Home Banking. How does this process work?
- When setting up this option, ensure that payment is issued to UC Regents and the account number listed is your Student ID (located on your billing statement). The University does not receive electronic payments from your bank. Most banks use a third party to issue the check and mail it out to us. This process can take up to a week before we receive the check.The bank will debit your account based on the date of payment, this does not reflect the date it was received or cashed by UC Davis. To ensure your payment is processed timely, we recommend you verify your MyBill account before our established due date to confirm we have received your payment. If your payment is not received by the established due date your student may be dropped for non-payment.
- I am a recipient of an outside scholarship. How do I ensure that the funds are delivered to my student account?
- Please take a look at this page.
- What types of payment methods are accepted?
- Payments can be made in person by personal check, Cashier’s Check, Money Order, or cash. Online payments can be made on MyBill by Electronic Check or Credit Card.
A full list of payment methods can be found on the Cashier’s Office.
- I want to use my debit card to make a payment, would I be charged the 2.85% service fee?
- Yes, debit cards will be processed as credit cards. To avoid the 2.85% service fee, use your bank routing number and account number and make a payment as an eCheck.
- What Credit Cards are accepted at UC Davis?
charged back. Please note: While the service fee does not appear on UC Davis student accounts, it does appear on credit card statements.
E-check payment options are still available, free of charge. Debit card payments must be processed as e-checks using your routing and account number to avoid the transaction fee.MyBill now accepts all major credit cards. A 2.85 percent transaction fee (minimum $3) applies. The transaction fee is charged by the third-party processor, not UC Davis, and is not refundable even if the payment to which it relates is canceled, refunded, credited, or charged back. Please note: While the service fee does not appear on UC Davis student accounts, it does appear on credit card statements. E-check payment options are still available, free of charge. Debit card payments must be processed as e-checks using your routing and account number to avoid the transaction fee.
- I received a refund to my Credit Card. Why wasn’t I refunded the 2.85% service fee?
This is a non-refundable service fee which is agreed upon at the time the transaction is processed.
- What is the transaction fee for credit card payments?
2.85 percent transaction fee (minimum $3) applies. The transaction fee is charged by the third-party processor, not UC Davis, and is not refundable even if the payment to which it relates is canceled, refunded, credited, or charged back. Please note: While the service fee does not appear on UC Davis student accounts, it does appear on credit card statements.
- Where do I go to make a payment in person?
- Please visit the Cashier and Payment Solutions Office at: 1200 Dutton Hall Davis, CA 95616. In person payment methods include: cash, personal check, cashier’s check and money orders. No credit card payments are accepted in person.
- What methods of payments are accepted at the Cashier and Payment Solutions Office?
- Payments can be made in person at the Cashier and Payment Solutions Office by Personal Check, Cashier’s Check, Money Order, or Cash. No credit cards are accepted at the Cashier and Payment Solutions Office.
- I am an international student. How can I make wire payments from overseas?
- To wire funds to UC Davis, you will need to contact the Cashier and Payment Solutions Office directly for additional information on completing a wire transaction. For more information please visit the Cashier’s Office webpage. Please contact the Cashier’s Office at (530)752-0460 or email email@example.com.
- How can parents, family members, or any other third party payments on my account?
- Students can provide permission to others (parents, employers, etc.) to view their bill and make payments. More than one user can be added on each student’s account. A student must log in to Mybill using their student ID and Kerberos Passphrase, click the authorized user tab and enter the e-mail address of the person being authorized. The authorized user will then receive an e-mail notification that they have been added and will prompt them to update their profile. This authorization is separate from the Financial Aid third party authorization.
- Who can add an authorized user to MyBill?
- Only students can add and/or delete any Authorized Users to their account on MyBill.
- How can I verify if my payment was made?
- To verify if you payments have posted to your student account, please visit MyBill. If you are unable to see any payments posting to your account, then no payment has been submitted. If there is a balance due, please submit another payment for the amount due. Please allow approximately 48 business hours for the funds to be removed from your bank account.
- How can I make sure my payment went through?
- Please allow approximately 48 business hours for the funds to be removed from your bank account when making an online electronic check payment. To verify if your payment has processed thoroughly, we recommend contacting your bank in which you submitted payment from.
- Can I have a payment canceled?
- Once payments are submitted, they are final and we are unable to cancel.
- Can I have a payment canceled if I entered the wrong bank information on line?
- Once payments are submitted, they are final and we are unable to cancel. You will need to wait until the bank returns the submitted payment to UC Davis, at which point you will receive an email and then you will be able to make another payment with the correct information.
- Why was my online payment returned for insufficient funds?
- We have been notified by your bank that this payment cannot be processed due lack of available funds in your bank account. Please contact your bank for any further information.
- I received an email that my payment was return and not accepted after the system gave me confirmation of my payment being accepted. What is this discrepancy?
- Once you submit your payment online we have to present your payment to the bank. If the bank rejects the transaction we have to notify you of the rejected transaction and a new payment needs to be processed with the correct information.
- Why was I assessed a $25 Returned Check Fee?
- We have been notified by your bank that this payment cannot be processed due lack of available funds in your bank account. Please contact your bank for any further information. The $25 fee is a non-refundable fee as such fees are also charged to the University to process each payment.
- What happens if my payment is rejected by my bank?
- Rejected payments will be reversed from the students account and are subject to a non-refundable $25 return fee. We will notify you by email regarding this rejection.
- Why did I receive an email stating my payment cannot be processed due to no account found?
- We have been notified by your bank that this payment cannot be processed because the account information provided is inaccurate. Please verify with your bank the correct banking and routing number prior to submitting another payment.
- My home country is paying my tuition bill. They are requesting an invoice sent to them to submit payment to UC Davis.
- Please contact our Sponsorship/scholarship representative, at 530-752-3646 (Student Accounting mainline) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
- Will I be able to set up automatic payments using my credit card as a saved payment method?
- No. Beginning August 16, 2018, students and authorized users will no longer have the ability to schedule automatic payments or save credit card information as this payment type now uses a separate third party processor. Automatic payments will only be available for checking accounts.
- Will the service fee that I am charged be included on my student account breakdown and statement?
- No. The service fee is a fee assessed by our third party processor, Touchnet PayPath®, in addition to the payment for student accounts. The service fee will not appear on your student account or on your billing statement. You will receive notification that the online payment was processed successfully, and it will show the amount of payment, the amount of service fee and the total payment amount. You can see the service fee on your credit card account. The payment and service fee will show as two different lines on your credit card statement.
- Are other Universities charging a service fee for credit card transactions?
Yes. Credit card service fees are not unique to UC Davis. Many other schools nationwide charge service fees for credit card transactions.