Student Loans

Collections of student loans information and university receivables

For students with access to MyBill, billing statements are produced on a monthly basis. Students and authorized users will be notified via email each month when a statement has been produced. Once a student is no longer enrolled, all bills are sent via regular mail to the billing or mailing address on file for the student. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that their contact information is accurate with all appropriate offices on campus. For billing purposes, a student may update their contact information via their SISWEB account. Students are responsible for keeping their account current regardless of whether or not they received their monthly courtesy notifications.

For employees and other non-student receivables, billing statements are mailed on the 22nd of each month to the most recent address on file.

It is important that all account balances are resolved in a timely manner. Failure to pay an outstanding balance can result in a myriad of consequences, from Financial Holds blocking access to student registration and records to negative reporting to the credit bureaus, referral to a collection agency, and/or referral to the Franchise Tax Board Interagency Intercept Program. Any account over five months past due and without an appropriate payment arrangement on file, will result in referral to a collection agency and negative credit bureau reporting.  If you have questions or concerns regarding your account, please contact our office.

Collection of student loans owed to UC Davis

The University of California switched loan servicer to Heartland ECSI in August 2017. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 530-752-3646 or email

Student Loans FAQs

  • I have a hold on my records. How do I resolve this? 
  • Please see Financial Holds for a list of Student Accounting holds and information on how to resolve them.
  • I have already completed my Exit counseling interview but my hold still remains on the account. When will this be removed?
  • There are two separate Exit Loan Counseling Interviews. For any Perkins/Institutional loans, exit counseling should be completed at For any Federal/Direct loans, exit counseling should be completed at The Student Accounting exit interview needs to be completed to have the hold removed. This hold is released within two business days after the requirement has been completed.
  • I withdrew from the university but now have a balance due and cannot pay this immediately. What should I do?
  • Once you leave the university, any balance due on your student account is due immediately but if you are not able to pay the amount in full, please contact us and request to speak with a collections representative to go over your options at 530-752-3646. We refer past due student accounts to commercial collections agencies; however, payment plans may be available to avoid this. 
  • I am having trouble logging in to any online system (Ex. MyBill, Direct Deposit). Can you help me?
  • If you are experiencing an error logging into any of our systems, this is often the result our browsers not being compatible. This can be easily resolved by updating your browser or using an alternate browser. If you continue to have issues, please print screen any error messages that you are receiving and forward them to MyUCD website so that we can further assist you.
  • I have taken out student loans. When and where do I start re-paying these?
  • If you borrowed loans while at UC Davis, you will need to complete exit loan counseling for each of your loans. During the exit session, you will review the amounts you borrowed when you’re scheduled to enter repayment, the terms of the loans, as well as the contact information for the service of those loans. Please keep in mind that if you borrowed anything other than Federal Direct Loans, you will have at least two different billing services for your loans and at least two exit counseling requirements. Please consult the Exit Loan Counseling page for further information regarding exit requirements and how to find your billing service. 

  • My student loans through UC Davis is now in collections. Who do I contact to make payment arrangements?
  • You will need to contact the collection agency to setup the payment arrangement. If you do not know which agency your account has been placed with then please contact Student Accounting at (530)754-1591.
  • How do I take out a short term loan? 
  • Short Term Loans are handled by the Financial Aid Office. If you need a short term loan please visit the Financial Aid website for more information.